VAVE Engineer - Schaumburg, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tisora Group is seeking a Value Analysis / Value Engineer for a lead provider of metal-cutting solutions located near Schaumburg, IL. This individual will be responsible for providing technical expertise on products to improve project profit margins and engineering costs.
- Develop, design, validate, and manage the implementation of best-in-class product designs.
- Ability to translate internal and external customer requirements into measurable performance criteria.
- Lead the development of the schedule and budget for value-add value-engineered projects.
- Develop technical communications: datasheets, interface control documents, test plans, etc.
- Design, model, and test product prototypes.
- Maintain and improve existing products through design and competitive analysis.
- Responsible for generating & developing the VA/VE project pipelines through ideation workshops with cross-functional teams to develop and maintain VA/VE targets.
- Work closely with procurement, engineering, manufacturing, finance and product management team members to create a roadmap of short- and long-term goals to meet VA/VE targets.
- Work with cross-functional teams using standard VA/VE methodology and tools to Integrate best practices from each functional team to deliver a high quality, best-in-class design.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable national codes and standards as they relate to the products we produce.
- Continually identify technology upgrades and cost reduction opportunities to keep the product line in a competitive position.
- Provide guidance and work with design engineers during development of products and in continual upgrade of existing product.
- Take necessary measures to improve the quality of products and information in the respective area of responsibility.
- Work with manufacturing disciplines to design processes as well as products which meet market and customer needs.
- Develop, design and test implementation of new technology and cost improvements to existing products.
- Review drawings and manufacturing information standards developed by product engineers and technicians.
- Provide timely, accurate, and pertinent information and reports as required by management
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 4 years of engineering or technical experience in design and or manufacturing
- Hands on design engineering experience required
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the united states without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Prior VA/VE (value analysis value engineering) experience
- Travel & work environment: Up to 20% domestic travel